How to Attend
Interested in attending MySchool@Kent during the school year? Follow these steps to get enrolled!
MySchool@Kent is a service provided by Kent ISD. Students that are residents of the 20 local districts that are members of Kent ISD are eligible for the services provided by MySchool@Kent.
If you'd like to explore the options available from this program meet with your current high school counselor (in your district of residence) and ask the counselor to assist you.
Step 1: Talk to your School Counselor or Administrator
- Complete the "Am I Ready?" questionnaire here
- Look at student's long term goals, plans, and needs
- Discuss transportation options
For expelled or long-term suspended students, the local administrator should contact our Principal, Danielle:
For students with an IEP, local teacher consultant should contact Tamara:
Step 2: School Counselor Submits Online Enrollment Referral
Sending school counselor:
- Selects classes and submits online enrollment at oe.kentisd.org
- Emails transcripts, 504 plans, and Emergency Medical Plans to Deborahvandyke@kentisd.org
- Shares MS@K contact info with student/parent
For students who have an IEP, sending school teacher consultant:
- Schedules meeting to update IEP
- Alerts Tamaracnossen@kentisd.org
Step 3: Parent Schedules an Intake Appointment
- Parent and student attend intake appointment
- Email email@example.com or phone (616) 447-2477 to schedule an intake appointment
- Print out and complete permission forms
- Bring your completed permission forms, emergency medical plans, counselor contact info to the intake appointment
- We are located at Kent Career Tech Center, 1655 E. Beltline NE, on KentISD Campus, just south of Knapp's corner. Park in Lot 1.
- You must check in at the security desk or the main office. They will ask to see your state ID, and they will issue you a visitor badge with photo.
Step 4: Student Attends Orientation
- Referral, intake appointment, permission forms, and medical emergency forms must be completed before a student may attend orientation
- Orientations are Wednesdays, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Plan to stay the whole time
- There will be snacks, but feel free to bring your own
- We will take your photo for your your ID
- Bring your driver's license number and plate number if you will need a parking permit
- Lunch is available for $4-5
Enrollment Questions? Contact Deb:
Arrangements are pending the local school Transportation Dept. Usually students can ride with the KCTC/KIH students to our building.
Session 1 – 6:55 a.m. – 9:10 a.m.
Session 2 – 9:15 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Session 3 – 12:00 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
High School - Personalized
MySchool@Kent combines new ways of learning, with the best part of school - the caring relationships. We take instruction and coursework online with a laptop/wireless card for learning anywhere. Plus, you'll experience just-in-time learning, tutoring, and group discussions in our café-style face-to-face learning labs.