How to Attend
Interested in attending MySchool@Kent during the school year? Follow these steps to get enrolled!
MySchool@Kent is a service provided by Kent ISD. Students that are residents of the 20 local districts that are members of Kent ISD are eligible for the services provided by MySchool@Kent.
If you'd like to explore the options available from this program meet with your current high school counselor (in your district of residence) and ask the counselor to assist you.
Step 1: Talk to your School Counselor or Administrator
- Complete the "Am I Ready?" questionnaire here
- Look at student's long term goals, plans, and needs
- Discuss transportation options
For expelled or long-term suspended students, the local administrator should contact our Principal, Danielle:
For students with an IEP, local teacher consultant should contact Tamara:
Step 2: School Counselor Submits Online Enrollment Referral
Sending school counselor:
- Selects classes and submits online enrollment at oe.kentisd.org
- Emails transcripts, 504 plans, and Emergency Medical Plans to Deborahvandyke@kentisd.org
- Shares MS@K contact info with student/parent
For students who have an IEP, sending school teacher consultant:
- Schedules meeting to update IEP
- Alerts Tamaracnossen@kentisd.org
Step 3: Parent Schedules an Intake Appointment
- Email email@example.com or phone (616) 447-2477 to schedule an intake appointment for the parent and student
- Complete the permission forms from the 2020-21 Enrollment Packet link.
- If the student has a medical condition, it is important to complete the emergency medical plans .
- If you encounter questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are located at Kent Career Tech Center building in the KIH wing. The address is 1655 E. Beltline NE, on KentISD Campus, just south of Knapp's corner. Park in Lot 3.
- IF you have to come into the office, you must check in at the office. They will ask to see your state ID, and they will issue you a visitor badge with photo.
Step 4: Student "Attends" Orientation
- Referral, intake appointment, permission forms, and medical emergency forms must be completed before a student may attend orientation
- Orientations are by appointment and will be Tues. or Thurs. 12pm - 2pm. At this time, a Zoom invite is necessary. You will receive an email.
- Plan to stay the whole time
- No food or beverage is allowed
- You will receive directions regarding a photo ID
- Bring your driver's license number and plate number if you will need a parking permit
- Please let us know if you need lunch arrangements
Enrollment Questions? Contact Deb:
Arrangements are pending the local school Transportation Dept. Usually students can ride with the KCTC/KIH students to our building.
Session 1 – 6:55 a.m. – 9:10 a.m.
Session 2 – 9:15 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Session 3 – 12:00 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
High School - Personalized
MySchool@Kent combines new ways of learning, with the best part of school - the caring relationships. We take instruction and coursework online with a laptop/wireless card for learning anywhere. Plus, you'll experience just-in-time learning, tutoring, and group discussions in our café-style face-to-face learning labs.