Return to School Learning Options
HERE IS YOUR WELCOME LETTER with additional information, documents to sign, and directions on how to pick up your laptop.
CURRENT STUDENTS: Please take a moment to complete this required survey document.
This document will be your commitment to the two learning options we are providing this year. You must complete this survey by Tuesday, 8/11/2020. Starting Wednesday we will be calling families who have not completed the survey.
Because MySchool@Kent is an online program, we are uniquely poised to continue high quality learning while maintaining social distancing and health and safety practices for our students, staff, and community. Our learning options will change based our region’s phase of reopening throughout the school year. We will be virtual as much as possible. We have relocated to Kent Innovation High to reduce students’ exposure to the many others at Kent Career Tech Center.
- Students must pick which day and time they will attend in person and attend on that day and time each week
- Students only allowed on campus once each week unless there are academic needs that warrant a second day
- Strict safety measures will be followed and the number of students present at one time will be limited
- Students and staff must wear masks
- New location in Kent Innovation High’s spacious classrooms (Kent Career Tech Center building, parking lot 3)
- Special Education teacher onsite
- Students must log in multiple times each week and put in the time needed to stay on pace
- Students must communicate with their coach at least once each week
- Parents proctor tests at home
- Parents commit to monitoring student progress
- Virtual tutoring by request and appointment
- Students sign up for final exams which must be taken on campus in the classroom OR contactless curbside testing
- Students who fall behind may be asked to come for in person for intervention meetings
- Virtual counseling and mental health supports
- School buildings closed
- Learning 100% virtual
- Testing and exams taken at home
- Resume Traditional Schedule
- Students on campus twice each week
High School - Personalized
MySchool@Kent combines new ways of learning, with the best part of school - the caring relationships. We take instruction and coursework online with a laptop/wireless card for learning anywhere. Plus, you'll experience just-in-time learning, tutoring, and group discussions in our café-style face-to-face learning labs.